Thursday, August 26, 2010

Our Day at the Museum

I have lived within day trip distance of Washington DC my entire life but have only been there a handful of times.  When Shawn suggested we take the kids I thought it was a great idea.  Mam Mom and Granddaddy went along too.  We visited the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and the Air & Space Museum.  It was a HOT day with a lot of walking but we all had a good time and are already thinking about when we want to go back to do a monument tour.

The Washington Monument



Megan trying to kiss the T-Rex



Learning about minerals



Touching a piece of Mars



The First Farmers, they were very excited to see this.



The heart weighing ceremony, Megan schooled us all on the story behind this ceremony.
I was very proud! :)



Checking out the space suit.


All he kept saying was "I can't wait to get to Jupiter"

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome day. I grew up within a day trip of D.C. I loved it there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete